Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Another year over...

Are you making any New Year's resolutions? Have you actually MET or KEPT or even consistently just TRIED to meet any previous resolutions? Heck, can you even REMEMBER any old resolutions?

I decided several years ago that, for me, resolutions were best made at the time I either thought of them or it was best to begin. Why wait until January 1st to start or stop doing something when you can do it RIGHT NOW? Now, I do understand the concept, and why people make this New Year's resolutions, so please don't think I'm downing that. But that is why I asked the 2nd and 3rd questions above. Chances are you didn't and you can't.

As I reflect on the past year, and think about the coming one, I do see things that I'd like to change. But why should I wait until Friday? (That is January 1st, right?? It's late, and I'm tired.) What's wrong with right now? Or, at the very least (considering it's 10:40 pm), tomorrow?

A fellow blogging mama is hosting a Body after Baby challenge, and it involves goals and plans and such. I'm in the midst of writing a blog post about that, and as I've been thinking about it over the last couple of days, I've come up with some things to include in my game plan. But again, why wait until Friday? Why shouldn't I try and remember to take my vitamins right now?? Why shouldn't I try and exercise now? You get the idea... I think there's a Bible verse about this somewhere, but as I can't remember it right now, I'm not going to try and quote it. I'll get back to you on that one.

So, what are some things you wish you'd done differently or would like to change? When do YOU plan on starting?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment