Saturday, March 14, 2009

Food!

Okay, so yesterday I made Pumpkin Chip Muffins, and they're really good! They'd be a bit better if I hadn't accidentally turned off the timer instead of the oven, like I intended. So they're a bit dryer and darker than I would prefer, but still edible! I used Mini-semisweet chips instead of big normal ones, and I think it worked out great.

Now, on my weekly layout of what I'd like to accomplish each day, I have down for Saturday to do the next week's menu. Up until today, this had yet to happen. But for some reason I actually got it all done today!! I don't know why, let's not ask too many questions, mkay?

Monday: Chicken tacos
Tuesday: Veggie/hamburger stew (we're having people over for St. Patrick's day, so there will be more than that...)
Wednesday: Onion Beef Muffin Cups- never had these, but just looking at the picture made my mouth water. And something on the side.
Thursday: Grilled Caribbean Chicken, Mushroom Rice Pilaf, and probably salad. Or something.
Friday: Hot Dog Soup. Sounds weird, I know. We shall see. I do love me some hot dogs!!
Saturday: Best Chicken Ever, and some side dish.
Sunday: Corn dogs (home made!!!), french fries.

Saturday we're going to go on a boat trip, so I will try and make the chicken dish in the morning, or something like that... And since I read that that Caribbean Chicken needs to marinate, I think I will throw it all in a zip-loc bag after grocery shopping on Monday, toss it in the freezer, and pull it back out on Thursday. That's my big plan.

Tuesday and Thursday are looking kind of busy, actually, so the freezer idea, and the veggie soup in the crock pot are good ideas! *pats self on back*

Well, the rain finally stopped for the most part! It rained a bit this morning, but then was sunny and hot the rest of the day. And it rained off and on yesterday, like, oh, when Ryan needed to go to school... so I ended up driving him because I didn't want to be trapped in the house again all day. When we're trapped at home all day, Max ends up doing stuff like this:

2 comments:

  1. Those muffin cups do look really good, I think I might have to try them.

    And hot dog soup? You are speaking my toddler's language. He would bathe in it if I would allow it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corrie, I am answering your question about my breakfast cookies. If you are going to substitute oatmeal for the oatbran, run it through a blender or food processor for a minute to make it really fine. If you have instant oatmeal, that would probably work. I hope you like them!

    ReplyDelete