Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Long time, no see!

Yes, it is my fault. I realize that. I've seriously slacked on this blogging thing. And that's after I promised myself that I would NOT become one of 'those' bloggers who started a blog never to post again. I didn't even post my menu on Monday. I was just. that. unmotivated. It doesn't help that SOMEONE has been seriously squawky, impossible to please, and all around rather unpleasant to be with. That same someone enjoys sinking her two sharp teeth into anything and everything she can get near her mouth, as well as losing her balance and bonking her noggin. On Monday, she slipped and hit the coffee table, resulting in a bump on her head, as well as biting her tongue and drawing blood. On Tuesday she slipped on the balcony, resulting in a bump on the opposite sit of her head, and biting her lip. Which drew blood. She's fallen and hit her head or some other part of her little personage, but it didn't leave a mark. So it doesn't count.

Oh, also on Monday she attempted to eat a cockroach. Before you worry about us living in a cockroach infested house, this is ONLY the THIRD cockroach I've seen in this house since we moved in back in June. Thankyouverymuch.

We broke out the sunglasses we had gotten her for Christmas, mainly because she was dead set on destroying either Ryan's or mine. So she was placated. For now.

The baby gate thing is working out quite well. We've also had to loop rubber bands around the handles on the kitchen cabinets. She figured out quite quickly how to pull them open and start pulling stuff out as fast as she can. This baby can do things at the speed of lightening, I'm not even kidding.

Okay, so just in case you were dying to know, and wouldn't be able to live another day without it, here is my sort-of menu plan for this week. You'll see why I said 'sort-of' momentarily.

Monday: we had Sloppy Joes, french fries, and a salad. (I think this was on the menu for last week, too, only that got rearranged.)
Tuesday: we had that Vegetable lasagna I talked about last week. Only there wasn't any Ricotta at the store, and my attempt to make something similar flopped. So I did my own thing. Sort of. It was still good, although incredibly flat. Hmmm.
Wednesday: Pork chops, rice, kasabands (if they're still good...). I did my own version of this recipe. I will let you know how it turns out.

Here is where it gets tricky. See, I bought potatoes to make mashed potatoes for tonight, but I don't think they'll go well with the Peking Pork, so I changed it to rice. But I still need to make mashed potatoes of those potatoes soon, or they'll go all yucky. So I will list a few other of my ideas, in no particular order.

-Beef tamale bake
-Fried rice
-Skillet lasagna
-Chicken marinated in that salad dressing I bought the other day; it's called Vidalia Onion vinaigrette with roasted red peppers. It's a creamy dressing, which is not what one would expect from the name.

And, just in case you were wondering, Italian night on Saturday went very well. Lots of yummy food, etc. Some friends of ours made the best lasagna I've had in a long time. Seriously. Right up there almost with my mom's. Which is one of my favorite meals. (Like something I would pick on on my birthday. And then I would ask for my favorite kind of cake. To see if anyone can remember what that happens to be. ) Max enjoyed the cinnamon twists I made. Enjoyed them immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment