Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Day Before Valentine's Day!

Are you ready?? I am! I spent all week making various things, and had SO much fun!! I made cake balls one day (or, if your name is Jana, they're called cakey spheres of goodness), a heart out of Hershey's Kisses another day, and then doubled up yesterday by making truffles and what you can see in the pictures below. It's a strawberry cake, cut in a heart shape, covered in homemade fondant, with truffles and cake balls on top.I was going to use mostly cake balls that I had dipped in various toppings, however, I froze them with the toothpicks used for dipping still in... and then I couldn't get them out. Oh well.
Ryan was happy, I was happy, and it's pretty. It's all good.
I had a lot of fun making everything, even though it's all from scratch- minus the strawberry cake mix.
Anyway. It took a while, what with a mobile baby everywhere, guys re-wiring my house, and Ryan's back being out.

Someone asked me yesterday why I refer to my daughter as Max. Well, I'll tell you why. It's my small stab at maintaining privacy. (I'm channeling my inner Taryn.) Max is a girl, and, IMHO, the prettiest baby girl in the entire universe. But that's just my opinion.

It's Friday!! I love Fridays. I'd love it more if Ryan's back weren't out... I'd have sleeping in to look forward to tomorrow morning. Now, not so much. This too shall pass. (Right, Mom?)

I'm not feeling very creative right now, I'm sorry. I'll come back later if inspiration hits me.

No comments:

Post a Comment